On and Off relationship

The relationship between myself and the gym has always been on and off. I first stepped into a gym during my college days, because a friend of mine compelled me to join, to provide him company.  The gym had basic facilities, not quite the tech-savvy and the treadmill was not electric. It was a manual treadmill, inclined to make it tough to use it. We went to the gym regularly for about a month or two. The guy who accompanied me quit due to his "exam" and I went to the gym for about 2 weeks and then I quit. That was my first stint.

The same would repeat again after 3 years, this time the gym being a different one. This one had better facilities than the last one. This time, I continued for about a week after my friend quit. I fondly remember myself snoozing the alarm, sleeping again, dreaming of working out at the gym and then waking up to only to realize, that I did not work out and I am actually late for office. So that was how my second stint ended.

Again, after 3 long years, me and another friend of mine had decided to join the gym to get fit. We went to the gym last Sunday, only to find it to be closed. We went to Mattas and ended up eating a plate full of schezwan panner rice and chilli gobi, till it was full up to our necks. Finally today we enrolled ourselves in the gym and did not work out. We went straight out looking for Pongal and had it. So yeah that was my first day at the gym.

As they say you just cannot take the food, away from a foodie. My relationship with food is probably a lot stronger and it heavily reminded me of this.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Great Mad-ras University Results Saga

My Tryst with God

The Indian Dream